March 16, 2012

Things that make me cry...

A few months ago, I happened to be in a conversation with a coworker about the silly things that make us cry.  Surprisingly, it was not hard for me to think of quite the handful.  The crazy thing?  These are things that will make me cry EVERY. TIME.  Now, there are things about which I will cry occasionally: funerals, goodbyes, etc.  But, even then, those are normal things and it's inconsistent.  So, I've made a list of the odd things that will, like clockwork, bring on the waterworks, the ugly cry:  (Because I just know you care so much)
            1. Presidential inaugurations
      2. Veteran’s Day
      3. High school graduations
      4. Father-daughter dances
      5. Military homecomings
      6.  Nights away from the Mr.
      7. “Day by Day”
      8. The end of "The Parent Trap."  The new one.
      9. The "Friends" Finale
     10. "You've Got Mail" -  "I wanted it to be you.  I wanted it to be you so badly."
     11. When the underdog wins - thank you, March Madness.
     12. Superbowl/World Series Winners' Speeches.
     13. Any movie where the sister or husband dies.


So there you have it.  Judge away. Or, just roll your eyes over the fact that I made this list in the first place.  It's my blog, and I'll cry if I want to.




1 Comments:

Just Us

We will also remind you that this is just a BLOG…just the highlights. We don’t sit around happily smiling for pictures all day long. Our life is far from perfect: we are imperfect people serving a perfect God. We do strive to glorify God, but we fail miserably and find comfort in knowing that our debts have been paid and we have been set free.