September 4, 2012

Inhale, Exhale

*Written 8-22. I forgot to hit 'Submit'  Quite standard these days.*

Drink deep the blessings.

Today, it was back to the grind after 8 blissful days off. After that much time off, I always feel the need to heartily brace myself for the coming upheaval.  Returning to reality is no small task. We spent time with my family, we spent time with his family, we spent time with just the two of us.  And, let me tell you, it was exactly what the doctor ordered.

I wish I had pictures to show you what we did, but - alas - we were having too much fun doing it to stop and record, so you're stuck with lousy phone-photos.  We spent a few days in Pendleton using a free night's stay and a few free rounds of golf.  Boy, did we have fun!  Even though we were the youngest ones there, we had a phenomenal time just being together.                                              
                
From there, we went to Spokane and enjoyed an all-too-brief stay with my folks, comprised of dinner with my grandparents, an afternoon on the boat, dinner with old friends, and a nice, long walk with one of my besties - my mom.

Our trip ended with a stay with Cole's folks in Sunnyside.  Two whole days with his family - so sweet. While we didn't have anything in particular planned, it was so wonderful to spend time with family - and the sweetest niece you'll ever meet.

Though life inevitably returns to its all-too-breathless pace, this week was such a wonderful blessing to be able to stop, breathe, and drink deep.  And my anthem continues: what a wonderful gift this family is.  Such outrageous Grace.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Just Us

We will also remind you that this is just a BLOG…just the highlights. We don’t sit around happily smiling for pictures all day long. Our life is far from perfect: we are imperfect people serving a perfect God. We do strive to glorify God, but we fail miserably and find comfort in knowing that our debts have been paid and we have been set free.