August 2, 2011

Who IS this Man??!!

And what has he done with my husband??!!


First, you must know, I made burgers for dinner tonight... I mixed, the Mr. grilled. He is truly the Grill-Master. The burgers were absolutely fantastic. (See recipe below)  Seriously, this recipe is a keeper. As is the Grill-Master.
Second, you must know, when the Mr. and I started dating, he liked his burgers with only cheese and ketchup.  And - with all due respect - in my husband's world, bleu cheese was not only unheard of; it was repulsive.  That was before I came along.


He looked at me like I was crazy as I added clove upon clove of garlic to dishes; and he picked nervously at the pasta that I had topped with goat cheese.  "Cheese should only come from cows..."  Needless to say, (and I must take the credit *wink*) slowly, but surely his palate was diversified.


All of that brings us to tonight... Burgers were on the menu at the Boboth household. All-American Burgers.  My sweet man graciously asked if he could cook up some bacon and sauté some onions. Oh, and maybe, just maybe, top it off with some bleu cheese. Wait. Hold the phones.  MY HUSBAND is asking to add ONIONS to a dish??!!   And he wants to sauté them himself?!   Holy moly, will someone please resuscitate me?


All week, though... he's been adding garlic to this and sprinkling sundried tomatoes and feta over that... wow. It's heavenly in this here kitchen!   Sounds like I'm rubbing off on him.....


Let's just not talk about my increasing love of Eminem..........  he may be rubbing off on me too.


Oh, the recipe!!  It's from Giada... I love her.


Ingredients
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1/2 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 pounds ground chuck
3/4 cup (1 1/2 ounces) grated Parmesan
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
9 small french bread rolls, sliced in 1/2
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil

Cole's additions:  1/4 cup bleu cheese
White onion - sauteed
4 strips of bacon


Directions
Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill.

Chop the garlic and parsley. Add the ground chuck, Parmesan cheese, tomato paste, salt, and pepper to a bowl. Hand mix until combined. Form the mixture into patties. Place the burgers on the grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes each side.

Brush the cut side of each roll with the olive oil and toast on the grill pan for 1 to 2 minutes until slightly golden.

To serve, place 1 mini burger on the bottom half of each of the rolls. Place bacon, onions, and crumble of cheese on top of the burgers. Cover with the top half. Serve.



Enjoy!! 
Sure do love this man I married...   ;)

post signature




3 Comments:

  1. That looks divine. I'm a HUGE bleu cheese fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue cheese scares me deep down into my soul - but everything else seems delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The work is very versatile, with so many concentrations intermingling
    Ninja Gear

    ReplyDelete

Just Us

We will also remind you that this is just a BLOG…just the highlights. We don’t sit around happily smiling for pictures all day long. Our life is far from perfect: we are imperfect people serving a perfect God. We do strive to glorify God, but we fail miserably and find comfort in knowing that our debts have been paid and we have been set free.