June 5, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

As mentioned here, in light of the pace of life lately blogging has definitely taken a back seat.  Between weddings, work, and bridal showers, life has just been insane... regardless, last weekend was one worth documenting...

Where do I even begin?  This last weekend was a dream.  Seriously, I could’ve used a pinch or two.  The Mr. and I got to spend 3 WHOLE DAYS with my family. *cue Handel’s “Hallelujah Chorus”*  It had been FIVE months since all 7 of us had been together, so –needless to say- this was a welcome reunion.

We got into town late Thursday night and stayed up far too late talking.  During weekends like this one, I find myself fighting sleep to make the most of our all-too-brief time together. 

Rather than bore you with details that no one would really care about, here's a Top 15 List of the highlights of home:

-Four-mile walk with my momma = four-mile talk with my most trusted mentor/friend
-Watching the Mariners beat the Yankees in a 3-game series
-Late night card games - The Mr. DOMINATED!
-Homemade Pizza
-Pedicures with the girls
-Lunch at 5 Guys with the whole family!
-Cooking in the kitchen with my mom and sisters
-Being home.
-Dinner with the Brennan clan – including 2 of my out-of-town aunts!
-Church at CTR
-Roasting hot dogs with cousins at Pondra
-Wicked.  (This could use an entire blog post on its own)
-Lunch with my Father- & Brother-in-Law on the way home

The Boboth/Schlect/Hagen Ladies

Alas, I could wax eloquent about our time home, but time and words fail me. It was a great weekend.

Also, if you think of it, please keep our family in your prayers.  Our great-grandmother passed away yesterday... a truly amazing woman.  These few days have proven quite challenging.



post signature

1 Comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend!
    Praying for your family, Laura...

    -Kayla

    ReplyDelete

Just Us

We will also remind you that this is just a BLOG…just the highlights. We don’t sit around happily smiling for pictures all day long. Our life is far from perfect: we are imperfect people serving a perfect God. We do strive to glorify God, but we fail miserably and find comfort in knowing that our debts have been paid and we have been set free.

Follow by Email