June 21, 2011

My Dad

As usual, I am running late.  It really seems to be the way life has been lately. Regardless, Sunday (if you were unaware) was Father's Day.  I spent the day in the car and at work.  BUT, I was sure thinking of my Dad and wishing I was with him.
So... I may be a day late and a dollar short, but Happy Father's Day to the man who taught me how to ride my bike, how to mow the lawn (correctly), how "if you can touch your toes, you can put your dish in the dishwasher", how to do geometric proofs, how to work hard, how to love God, how to lead others, how to swing dance, among many gazillions of other things... and never failed to remind me to "be a lady."  (Goodness knows I needed the reminder!)
I love you, Dad.  Thank you for loving me so faithfully and in the way a daughter should be loved.  I have you to thank, in large part, for the beautiful marriage with which God has blessed me.  I am at a loss for words in light of the significance of your presence in my life.

PS - If you are uneducated about how amazing my Dad is, you can just read: HERE, HERE, and HERE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Just Us

We will also remind you that this is just a BLOG…just the highlights. We don’t sit around happily smiling for pictures all day long. Our life is far from perfect: we are imperfect people serving a perfect God. We do strive to glorify God, but we fail miserably and find comfort in knowing that our debts have been paid and we have been set free.