June 21, 2011

Father's Day Weekend

As mentioned here, I was unable to spend Father’s Day with my awesome daddio due to work.  We were, however, able to steal away on Friday and Saturday to spend some time with the Mr.’s parents.

Cole and his dad were in a golf tournament on Saturday which meant that I got to spend the whole day with my mother-in-law!  It was such a wonderful time spent catching up with her!  We went on a killer walk, and talked and talked and talked.  I love this woman.
And Saturday night found us at my in-laws’ favorite local restaurant for Father’s Day dinner.  I had this incredible artisan pizza with spicy marinara, fresh basil, and fresh mozzarella.  I was in heaven.  And the Mr. and I split this chocolate decadence for dessert.  Of course, I took pictures!

It was a sweet, but all-too-short visit to celebrate the wonderful man who raised my wonderful man.  Thank you, Dad, for modeling so well for my husband what it is like to be a loving, caring, faithful, Godly husband… I know that he is who is – largely – because of you.  Thank you for your legacy of love that we will carry on to our children.  I know Cole will be a great dad because HE has a great dad.

We are so blessed to have two wonderful dads in our lives!!  A happy weekend indeed.

post signature

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Just Us

We will also remind you that this is just a BLOG…just the highlights. We don’t sit around happily smiling for pictures all day long. Our life is far from perfect: we are imperfect people serving a perfect God. We do strive to glorify God, but we fail miserably and find comfort in knowing that our debts have been paid and we have been set free.