October 2, 2010

Best Surprise EVER!

Oh yeah, and I just HAD to share… I received the BEST surprise ever on my last business trip… I had just landed in Seattle on my way home (finally) and had about 45 minutes to kill in the Sea-Tac airport.  I deplaned and had just entered the airport intent on finding my next gate. 

A tall gentleman soon strode up beside me, and – though initially unnerved by this stranger invading my personal space – I turned to see him. IT WAS MY DAD!!!!  The guy that had been the most important man to me for 22 ½ years of my life! I dropped my bags and hugged him so tightly – right in the middle of the terminal.  We were both crying – though I didn’t realize how hard until I pulled away and realized my sweater was damp.  It had been over a 1½ months since I had seen him, so this was the sweetest surprise ever. 

As it turns out, he had business meetings in Seattle and was headed back to Spokane at around 3pm (the time that I left Kalispell) when he found out that I was headed his way.  He got off the plane, asked to switch his flight to a later one, and waited for me.  I had NO idea he was there. It was so good to see him.  This gesture is so typical of my dad.  He is thoughtful, and lovingly devises awesome plans like this. The truest gentleman and a man who has never given his children reason to doubt his love for us.

While I AM having a blast down here in Forest Grove with my wonderful husband, I DO get a little homesick sometimes.  His dad-hug could not have come at a better time. And we got to spend an all-too-short 45 minutes together.  I have the best dad in the world.  That’s pretty much all there is to it!

-Laura

1 Comments:

  1. That is just pretty much fantastic. I totally understand needing a dad hug and your dad is a special guy. Nice work Ed! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just Us

We will also remind you that this is just a BLOG…just the highlights. We don’t sit around happily smiling for pictures all day long. Our life is far from perfect: we are imperfect people serving a perfect God. We do strive to glorify God, but we fail miserably and find comfort in knowing that our debts have been paid and we have been set free.