October 6, 2010

Lessons Learned

If you’ve hung around this blog much, I’m sure it’s quite evident that business trips are not my favorite thing in the world.  When I was younger, my dad travelled from time to time, and I used to think it must be the most FUN adventure ever!  I mean, he got to fly in airplanes and stay in hotels! If that was not thrilling, then I didn’t know what was!  Now that I am travelling for business, I understand how wrong I was!

 It is easy to look at the negative side of travelling: being away from my wonderful husband, sleeping in strange places, not getting much sleep… etc.  But I decided that, in order to pass some time while I travel, I’d come up with a list of fun, quirky, positive things that happen on these trips:

1.   I get to meet some fun people. At college fairs, we are usually arranged in similar patterns, so you get to know your alphabetically arranged table partner quite well.  Sometimes it’s a gamble and you never know who you’ll get stuck with!

2.  I get to see pretty places. I know many people fail to see the beauty in Central Montana or Eastern Oregon, but it’s there.  You just have to look. I’ll post some pictures  to prove it.

3. #1 Challenge of Travelling: Trying to remember what my hotel room number is from night to night.  It is harder than you would think! 

4. I have now mastered the art of the airport security line.

5.  #2 Challenge of Travelling: Now, which car did I rent this week? There have been times that I have reverted to pushing the unlock button while wandering around the parking lot… I think the car was silver…. 

6. I am making significant process in actually being able to fall asleep on the airplane.

7. I am also figuring out how to make the most of my business travel to try to “run in” to family… Today I got to have lunch with my mother-in-law!

8. Distance does make the heart grow fonder.  Reuniting with Cole is the sweetest thing in the world.  God has blessed me so richly with a wonderful man, (He leaves me love notes in my suitcase to make me smile while I’m on the road…) and I cannot wait to be home with him!

9. Travelling gives me time to blog. Yay.

10. Oh, and to read.  I read through a whole book last week!  It has been awhile since I have had that luxury.

11.   I am thankful to have a job.

That’s it for today… I’m off to another college fair, and then I am headed back home! I will keep thinking of the good parts of travel and I’ll let you know!  Happy Wednesday!

-Laura

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Just Us

We will also remind you that this is just a BLOG…just the highlights. We don’t sit around happily smiling for pictures all day long. Our life is far from perfect: we are imperfect people serving a perfect God. We do strive to glorify God, but we fail miserably and find comfort in knowing that our debts have been paid and we have been set free.

Follow by Email