September 26, 2011

Eating Pizza: my second job

You may or may not already know this about me, but I work two jobs.  I work full-time during the day behind a desk (and occasionally in the car), but once the clock strikes 5pm, I trade in my high heels for my apron.  (Actually, I trade them for sweatpants, but an apron is such a prettier picture. Yeah, let's stick with apron.)

Anyway, on the nights and/or weeks that I don't plan our meals well, you can imagine that I am left scrambling to throw together something for dinner that is both flavorful and has some variety (and is somewhat healthful). Tacos and spaghetti get pretty old in a hurry.

New stream of thought: I like pizza. Scratch that, I LOVE pizza.  Throw anything on a crust and I'm a happy girl. Also, I love garlic.  That's all.

Merging the two streams of thought: Tonight was one such night.  I hadn't planned anything for dinner, and we just happened to have some pizza fixin's on hand. *Cue the "Hallelujah Chorus.*  So we made this beauty.
Garlic Pesto Chicken Pizza

1 easy-peasy pizza crust
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Pesto to taste (which, for us, means a LOT)
Mozzarella
Feta
Purple Onions (adds color ...and shock value when my mom reads this and finds that I voluntarily put onions on something)

Directions: Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.  While oven is preheating, place pizza stone in said oven.
-Cube Chicken
-Note how nasty raw chicken feels
-Saute chicken in EVOO/ Salt & Pepper so it is no longer raw and nasty

-Roll out dough to desired consistency/thickness
-Top with pesto, mozzarella, chicken, mozzarella, feta, and purple onions
-Marvel at how much cheese you put on

-Transfer to pizza stone
-Cook for 12 minutes
-Clean drool off oven window

-ENJOY!!


and you wonder why they haven't asked me to write a cookbook yet.........


post signature

1 Comments:

  1. Umm...I'm wondering why I didn't get invited for dinner. =) YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Just Us

We will also remind you that this is just a BLOG…just the highlights. We don’t sit around happily smiling for pictures all day long. Our life is far from perfect: we are imperfect people serving a perfect God. We do strive to glorify God, but we fail miserably and find comfort in knowing that our debts have been paid and we have been set free.

Follow by Email