September 26, 2011

Eating Pizza: my second job

You may or may not already know this about me, but I work two jobs.  I work full-time during the day behind a desk (and occasionally in the car), but once the clock strikes 5pm, I trade in my high heels for my apron.  (Actually, I trade them for sweatpants, but an apron is such a prettier picture. Yeah, let's stick with apron.)

Anyway, on the nights and/or weeks that I don't plan our meals well, you can imagine that I am left scrambling to throw together something for dinner that is both flavorful and has some variety (and is somewhat healthful). Tacos and spaghetti get pretty old in a hurry.

New stream of thought: I like pizza. Scratch that, I LOVE pizza.  Throw anything on a crust and I'm a happy girl. Also, I love garlic.  That's all.

Merging the two streams of thought: Tonight was one such night.  I hadn't planned anything for dinner, and we just happened to have some pizza fixin's on hand. *Cue the "Hallelujah Chorus.*  So we made this beauty.
Garlic Pesto Chicken Pizza

1 easy-peasy pizza crust
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Pesto to taste (which, for us, means a LOT)
Mozzarella
Feta
Purple Onions (adds color ...and shock value when my mom reads this and finds that I voluntarily put onions on something)

Directions: Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.  While oven is preheating, place pizza stone in said oven.
-Cube Chicken
-Note how nasty raw chicken feels
-Saute chicken in EVOO/ Salt & Pepper so it is no longer raw and nasty

-Roll out dough to desired consistency/thickness
-Top with pesto, mozzarella, chicken, mozzarella, feta, and purple onions
-Marvel at how much cheese you put on

-Transfer to pizza stone
-Cook for 12 minutes
-Clean drool off oven window

-ENJOY!!


and you wonder why they haven't asked me to write a cookbook yet.........


post signature

1 Comments:

  1. Umm...I'm wondering why I didn't get invited for dinner. =) YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Just Us

We will also remind you that this is just a BLOG…just the highlights. We don’t sit around happily smiling for pictures all day long. Our life is far from perfect: we are imperfect people serving a perfect God. We do strive to glorify God, but we fail miserably and find comfort in knowing that our debts have been paid and we have been set free.