November 3, 2010

Fairytales DO Come True!

When I was a little girl, I loved to play dress-up.  Wearing my mom’s old gowns and too-big high heels, I would twirl in front of the full length mirror in a daydream.  I dreamt of a day when I was older, more beautiful.  I wistfully dreamed of a handsome Prince Charming to come sweep me off my feet. I secretly hoped for a love story that would measure up to all of my glass slipper dreams. I hoped for a hero to save me from any looming dragons. I wanted a man to love me and make me feel beautiful.

When I was a teenager, I didn’t play dress-up as much.  Other techniques were employed to feel beautiful. Dreams of a glass slipper love story began to wane as the reality of life set in. I resigned myself to the fact that any idea of “Prince Charming” deserved to stay in the fairytales. However, part of me still wanted to be loved, still wanted to be beautiful, but I also didn’t want to be disappointed.

In a fantastical world that would allow time-travel, I wish I could go back in time to tell that little girl that, in the end, Prince Charming does come and he is more than she could have ever dreamed of. I wish I could see her eyes light up in wondrous hope and excitement as I tell her that, not only do her dreams materialize into a real world fairytale, but that her love story is greater than any glass slipper could tell.  I wish I could tell her that he will love her and make her feel more beautiful than she’s ever felt. I wish I could tell her that she finds her hero.

In that same fantastical world, I wish I could go back and talk to that teenager. I wish I could tell her not to settle. I would tell her not to lose hope. I wish I could tell her that “Prince Charming” exists in real life and that he actually chooses her! I wish I could tell her that she is worth pursuing and that an amazing man will end up being the champion of her heart.  That he will exceed anything she had ever dreamed of. That he would grow to become her best friend, hero, protector, defender, comforter, and love.

There are so many things I wish I could go back and tell that little girl and that teenager. I want to tell them, “Guess what?! He’s real! And you find him!” But that would change things. It’s the uncertainty of life that molds us into who we are. So I will not go back in time and ruin the sweet surprise for them. But sometimes, the little girl inside of me wants to stand on my chair in a crowded room and yell, “Guess what?! He’s real! And he found me and he is everything and more than I ever wanted!”

My Prince Charming puts Cinderella to shame and our love story beats the glass slipper, magical rose, and flying carpet.  I found the oneI love you, Cole Vernon Boboth!



Ephesians 3:20 – Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to Him be the glory in the Church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen.

-Laura

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Just Us

We will also remind you that this is just a BLOG…just the highlights. We don’t sit around happily smiling for pictures all day long. Our life is far from perfect: we are imperfect people serving a perfect God. We do strive to glorify God, but we fail miserably and find comfort in knowing that our debts have been paid and we have been set free.