November 7, 2010

Birthday Weekend Recap: - 23 years of grace

Another entry about the less-than-fascinating goings-on of the Boboth household:

Well, Friday marked the 23rd anniversary of Cole's birth. Unfortunately, I was gone on a business trip that morning and wouldn't be able to make it home until after 5-ish.  So, I put together a scavenger hunt of sorts to keep him busy during the afternoon until I got home. The final clue told him to pack a bag because I was "kidnapping him for the night." The clues all rhymed and were likely more cheesy than clever, but oh well.

So we had a lovely, romantic get-away to Seaside, Oregon... Our room was right along the river, giving us a picturesque view. We enjoyed dinner at a local Steak/Seafood house - delicious! And we had our own little birthday party in the room - complete with cake, gifts, and all.






I thought that, since so many people had already wished him "Happy Birthday," I would take a different angle and celebrate the 23 years that God has so evidently shown grace throughout Cole's life. So the cake read, "23 Years of Grace." And I also happen to love lists.  Like, really love them.  Seriously, you should see my desk at work... and at home for that matter. I love them.  That said, I put together a list of 23 ways in which I have seen God show grace towards Cole throughout his life. I would post it here, but you don't get to read it. Sorry :)

We had a nice, leisurely weekend - even though it was still a little drizzly outside. When we got back, Cole studied while I caught up on some housework... It was such a blessing to get to spend a whole weekend together. I am truly blessed by this man, and thankful that, 23 years ago, God brought him into the world... and 21 years after that, brought our worlds together.

I also made a  Crumbleberry Pie - per the request of the birthday boy...



Oh man, I am blessed.

-Laura

PS - On my trip, my hotel room had this amazing view... what an awesome Creator we have!

                                            



PPS - I would love to hear how God has shown grace in your life...

1 Comments:

  1. Rock star wife! Sounds like a wonderful weekend. :) We love Seaside!

    ReplyDelete

Just Us

We will also remind you that this is just a BLOG…just the highlights. We don’t sit around happily smiling for pictures all day long. Our life is far from perfect: we are imperfect people serving a perfect God. We do strive to glorify God, but we fail miserably and find comfort in knowing that our debts have been paid and we have been set free.

Follow by Email