November 23, 2010

Jesus, Thank You!

I know that, this time of year, there is a lot of talk of being thankful. That said, I would hope that we would all carry on that spirit of thankfulness throughout the year...

At our Bible Study/Community Group through our church, we often will sing a few songs before we get started. And nearly every week that she is there, a certain 3-year-old always requests this particular song... It is ridiculously cute to watch her twirl around as we sing it, but I am always reminded that - even if we sang this song everyday it would be inadequate to express the thankfulness that we should feel in response to the sacrifice of Christ. Check out this great song - not only seasonally appropriate, but appropriate all year long.

Jesus, Thank You

The mystery of the cross I cannot comprehend
The agonies of Calvary
You the perfect Holy One, crushed Your Son
Who drank the bitter cup reserved for me 

Your blood has washed away my sin
Jesus, thank You
The Father’s wrath completely satisfied
Jesus, thank You
Once Your enemy, now seated at Your table
Jesus, thank You

By Your perfect sacrifice I’ve been brought near
Your enemy You’ve made Your friend
Pouring out the riches of Your glorious grace
Your mercy and Your kindness know no end 

Lover of my soul,
I want to live for You.


There are so many things for which I am thankful... but none more than this. Jesus, thank You!

-Laura



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Just Us

We will also remind you that this is just a BLOG…just the highlights. We don’t sit around happily smiling for pictures all day long. Our life is far from perfect: we are imperfect people serving a perfect God. We do strive to glorify God, but we fail miserably and find comfort in knowing that our debts have been paid and we have been set free.