October 8, 2011

1000 Gifts: 21-40




-The second installment of 1000 Gifts-
While it is important to focus on the gifts for which we are thankful, I don't intend to cheapen them by putting them in this list.  Regardless, it is my desire to discipline myself to focus on the blessings with which we have been so richly showered.  And so, here are the second 20 gifts... 960 to go!   :)


21

My dad's job - which allows us occasional run-ins (like this and this)
22
Our GPS, without which, I would be utterly lost
23
Retail therapy
24
Sarah's homemade hummus at Bible study.  Amen.
25
Sweet fellowship with new friends
26
The way food turns strangers into friends
27
Sunrises in Sunnyside
28
Catching up with old friends over lunch
29
Pine-scented candles
30
Answered prayers
31
Bubble wrap
32
Great relationships with extended family
33
Patience
34
That moment when I can finally take off those high-heels
35
Safe travelling
36
Cell phones
37
Mount Bachelor. What a beauty!
38
Steak dinners
39
Flowers from my love, welcoming me home
40
Gift certificates


And, oh, how blessed we are!



post signature


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Just Us

We will also remind you that this is just a BLOG…just the highlights. We don’t sit around happily smiling for pictures all day long. Our life is far from perfect: we are imperfect people serving a perfect God. We do strive to glorify God, but we fail miserably and find comfort in knowing that our debts have been paid and we have been set free.