February 15, 2011

Our Valentine's Day

For me, Valentine’s Day causes far too much inner tension.  The Marketing-Major- turned-Marketing-Cynic part of me is at war with the hopeless romantic side of me.  Either way, the Mr. and I managed to have a wonderful day.

The day had a rough start when I got up early to make a special breakfast like [this], but was met with an unexpectedly empty fridge. (Unbeknownst to me, Cole had made a wonderful breakfast for our guests the day prior, and we were out of eggs.)  So we settled for cinnamon rolls and bacon… breakfast of champions.

Cole's Amazing Dinner!
I came home from work to a candlelit table furnish with a beautiful bouquet of roses and lilies, a stack of new crossword puzzle books, Swedish Fish (my favorite!), and a new candle in my favorite scent.  Cole insisted on making dinner as per our tradition (apparently), and he made a delicious stuffed chicken breast with broccoli. It was amazing. He even broke in my dutch oven! We had yet to use it! So he tried it out and it worked fabulously.

The Handsomest Chef!
He proceeded to present me with a bag full of gifts.  He made me feel so loved.  It was not that I loved the wonderful gifts that he gave me, (and trust me, they were wonderful, and I did love them), it was that – in choosing those gifts – he made me feel so known.  He gave me things that I would have never thought to ask for, but in the instant I received them, it was evident that he knew what I wanted even before I did!  What's more is that he finished all of his studying before I got home from work so that we could just spend the evening together… and THAT was the best gift of all.

I hope you had a wonderful Valentines/Hallmark-created Day; and that you felt known and loved.

I did.


-Laura

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Just Us

We will also remind you that this is just a BLOG…just the highlights. We don’t sit around happily smiling for pictures all day long. Our life is far from perfect: we are imperfect people serving a perfect God. We do strive to glorify God, but we fail miserably and find comfort in knowing that our debts have been paid and we have been set free.