February 7, 2011

There Were Never Such Devoted Sisters...

I am blessed. Beyond measure. I have been blessed with an incredible family - I have married into an incredible family. Wow. It's overwhelming.
My Sisters Three and Me

On March 22, 1991,  my whole life changed. My first girl-friend was born. She did for me what no one else has... she made me a big sister. Kelly Anne has - more than anyone - kept me up for more cumulative hours talking, made me laugh harder, been the target of my playful banter, cried as a result of my tormenting, been the best friend a girl could ask for. Growing up, there were days when we looked less like friends and more like .... well, not friends.  I will never forget the many times when our dad would catch us actually enjoying each other's company and he would ask us if we were acting like friends again... we'd just roll our eyes and go back to whatever pressing issue we were talking about.  Kelly just gets me like few people do.  She is the most loving person I know.  Her wit and humor make me laugh SO hard.  My entire week is brightened by a phone call from her.  Though I am three years older than her, you would never know it.  She is wise beyond her years, and I am always thankful for her well-grounded advice. I really could go on and on about how much she has impacted my life.  Immeasurably. I miss her so much and can't wait til MARCH when I get to see her!!

On August 1, 2009, my whole life changed again, my brother got married and gave me my first big sister! Our family became a family of 6, and it took no time before it felt as natural as ever. Kelly Marie has brought so much joy and delicious cooking to our family.  She seems to have been born with the gift of hospitality and an impeccable eye for interior design. (Yes, Kells, it's true) I am so thankful to see my brother so well-loved and well-taken-care-of.  I love just chatting (and most often, laughing) with her.  She is an amazing gift giver, and I now have a new-found love for all things Euchre, homemade pasta, and bread thanks to her.  I am so blessed to call her my sister. I just wish we lived in the same town!!

On July 10, 2010, my whole life changed a lot. I kinda married my bestie.  But, in addition to marrying the most incredible guy ever, I now had three sisters standing beside me.  I married into a family and gained two brothers and a sister.  And let me tell you, in that sister, I have found a best friend.  Carrie is easily the most giving person I have met.  She will often thoughtfully pick up two packages of some awesome thing she finds at the grocery store so that I can experience it too. She challenges me constantly with the way in which she loves people.  I am not sure how I would have survived this initial time in Forest Grove without her, and I dread the day in May when she leaves. Boo.

I am blessed.  I am related to 3 of my best friends!  And I am so looking forward to the stories we will tell, to the food we will create, and to the memories we will make!  I love you, ladies, so much - and my life is far richer because each of you are a part of it.

-Laura

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Just Us

We will also remind you that this is just a BLOG…just the highlights. We don’t sit around happily smiling for pictures all day long. Our life is far from perfect: we are imperfect people serving a perfect God. We do strive to glorify God, but we fail miserably and find comfort in knowing that our debts have been paid and we have been set free.