April 22, 2011

Lifelong Dream: Accomplished

Some people have lofty dreams that may never come true.  Some people have lofty dreams that might come true.  Some people never dream at all.  And that, my friends, was the overly dramatic intro to a blog about my childhood dream of visiting Chuck E. Cheese.

Growing up, my parents prided themselves on the fact that they had never taken us to Disneyland nor Chuck E. Cheese's. (And, to be honest, all 3 of us kids grew into that same sense of pride in our deprivation.)  Don't get me wrong, we had nice vacations and lots of quality family time.  Just not at those two specific parental nightmares.

Well, my whole world was rocked last night when I finally set foot in this kid-utopia that I had only heard about.  It was everything I had dreamed it would be. And more. It really is where a kid can, well, be a kid.  Rather, 4 adults can be kids.

He flirts with me

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!
We went there with Carrie and Everett for Carrie's birthday. Pizza, tokens, the whole shebang!  It was ridiculously fun; and I'm sure that the staff wasn't quite sure what to do with us!  Either way, I won cotton candy and decided that we likely won't take our kids there either.  Mission Accomplished.

Happy Birthday, sis!  Love you more than Spongebob and Ski-ball.

-Laura

PS - Roadtrip tomorrow with the Sister-in-Law!!!


1 Comments:

  1. Yeeeeah, maybe for their 23rd birthday - but pro'lly not before :)

    ReplyDelete

Just Us

We will also remind you that this is just a BLOG…just the highlights. We don’t sit around happily smiling for pictures all day long. Our life is far from perfect: we are imperfect people serving a perfect God. We do strive to glorify God, but we fail miserably and find comfort in knowing that our debts have been paid and we have been set free.