January 18, 2011

Finding Rest...

For the past couple of weeks, I have been mildly wrestling with– albeit on-and-off – feelings of discouragement, anxiety, frustration, and just generally feeling overwhelmed.  It has felt as though, at times, I am crushed under the weight of this feeling – I just haven't been myself! Well, last Wednesday, God threw me a lifeline in the shape of a conversation with a good friend.  She listened caringly, spoke truth into my life, and gave me this passage and this passage to read. What an encouragement!

It was upon this passage that the following song was crafted.  This song has become an anthem for me. A hopeline, a reminder of where our hope and our rest must come from…




I am imperfect. And, contrary to what people say, I do not have it all together. I am a cracked piece of pottery… and it is my hope that, only as the cracks become more and more evident, the light of the Potter may shine even brighter.

I hope you find rest today too.

-Laura


Listen to these:
        -All I Have Is Christ - "You bore the wrath reserved for me. Now all I know is grace."

        -Jesus, I Am Resting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Just Us

We will also remind you that this is just a BLOG…just the highlights. We don’t sit around happily smiling for pictures all day long. Our life is far from perfect: we are imperfect people serving a perfect God. We do strive to glorify God, but we fail miserably and find comfort in knowing that our debts have been paid and we have been set free.